This simple JSON file contains all Guess the Hex presented colors paired with the accuracy of the user's guess. The true guess a user has made is not implemented into this data, nor does the server store this information. For reasons regarding the privacy of our users, all data is not attributed to any specific user, and there is no order to these entries.
In case you are interested in understanding how HEX color codes are classified under the ten color groups, the following are the rules that have been defined to discern HEX color codes. Be wary that there may be an overlap between colors, meaning color guesses may be registered multiple times, under different color groups. Inversely, out of 100,000 random HEX color code samples, none were attributed no color group. I am aware that this could have been answered confidently by plotting finding any gaps between two color groups, but the method of brute force was programmatically faster.
- Dark Colors: All < 96 (8bit, decimal)
- Light Colors: All > 160
- Red Colors: Green & Blue < Red; Minimum difference from Red for Green & Blue - 32
- Green Colors: Red & Blue < Green; Minimum difference from Green for Red & Blue - 25
- Blue Colors: Red & Green < Blue; Minimum difference from Blue for Green - 10; Minimum difference from Blue for Red - 30
- Yellow / Beige / Brown Colors: Green & Blue < Red; Blue < Green; Maximum difference from Red for Green - 160;
- Lime / Chartreuse Colors: Red & Blue < Green; Blue < Red; Maximum difference from Green to Red - 80;
- Teal / Turquoise Colors: Maximum difference from Blue for Green - 96; Maximum difference from Green for Blue (Green being greater value) - 30; Red < Lowest value between Green and Blue (Lowest Value); Minimum difference from Lowest Value to Red - 16
- Pink / Purple Colors: Maximum difference from Blue to Red - 70; Green < Lowest value between Red and Blue (Lowest Value); Minimum difference from Lowest Value to Green - 5;
- Grey Colors: All color difference combinations < 35